Career Pathway Program
In achieving its 2020 strategic goals, Australian University Sport (AUS) aims to provide authentic and valuable professional development opportunities to its members and students via the Career Pathway Program.
The AUS Career Pathway Program is designed to:
- offer internship opportunities for students looking to gain industry experience
- offer professional development opportunities to staff at AUS member institutions
- offer opportunities for AUS international partners to engage with AUS members
- offer volunteering opportunities at AUS events
- promote vacancies in the university sport sector
For any enquiries relating to the Career Pathway Program contact AUS General Manager - Education Training & Risk: Donna Spethman
Vacancies in the University sport sector
AUS is proud to support vacancies in the university sport sector. If you wish to list your vacancy, and it is a position within the sport department of your university campus, contact Donna Spethman.
Vacancies at Australian University Sport
Australian University Sport is currently looking for fabulous people to join our team in the following roles:
- General Manager - Commercial applications close 2 February 2018
- Sport & Operations Manager applications close 9 February 2018
- Operations Coordinator - (contract till end of November 2018 with potential for extension) applications close 31 January 2018
- Volunteer Coordinator - (contract till end of October 2018) applications close 31 January 2018
If you are interested in applying, be sure to read the position description in full. Ensure you respond to the selection criteria listed and send your applications to email@example.com with the relevant role stated in the subject line.
Member professional development opportunities
Australian University Sport is pleased to offer the below professional development opportunities as a part of its Career Pathway Program
As a part of its Career Pathway Program, Australian University Sport (AUS) offers internship opportunities for undergraduate students at its head office in Brisbane and via its secondary office on the Gold Coast. Internship positions at AUS are both highly sought after and highly beneficial to undergraduate students seeking real life on the job training and development. We have numerous examples of people that have volunteered as an intern for AUS and have gone on to secure employment off the strength of their experience and references from AUS.
Internships are offered throughout the year in the areas of Media Marketing and Sponsorship, High Performance, Education and Training as well as Events and Sport Programs. Internships are usually one day a week over a set period of time. Working from either the Brisbane or Gold Coast office, interns can expect to work on key projects across AUS business areas.
The following internships are open for applications
- Sports Assistant x 2 COMING SOON
- Volunteers Assistant COMING SOON